Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Oh, red tape...

This visa company is giving me a serious run-around. They couldn't process my visa because my reference didn't have a street number (due to the fact that the orphanage is so rural there isn't one!) I paid over $30 to send them a letter with the needed information - no response. Called, they said I needed to fill out a whole new visa application. Talked to my team leader, she said I should just be able to email them the information! Just pray that God gives me the wisdom to get this resolved quickly, and the grace to not get stressed out about it. 


Still working on my funds, got about $1,985 to go. Continue to pray with me for God's provision! Also, working on buying the supplies for my trip. Bought some more stuff today, still got more stuff to go. 


I found online today the trip itinerary. http://reignministries.org/royal-servants/friends-family/india-mission-trip/india-mission-trip-itinerary/ That was exciting, to see exactly where we'd be when. 


Remember a while back when I was talking about writing me letters? I now have the addresses! :) 


From June 16th-July 2nd, I can receive mail and small packages at training camp. Here's the instructions: 
All students can receive care packages and letters while they are at Training Camp. It is a lot of fun for their teams because students have to sing to get their mail. Contents of care packages can include favorite candy, chips, snack, etc. Try not to send large items. Care packages are a great, low-cost way for relatives or friends from the youth group to bless and encourage your son or daughter. Make sure you send any letter or package in time! Training Camp tear down begins on early on the morning of July 1, 2012 and anything that arrives that day or afterwards will be returned by the post office. If you are sending a care package, please send it in a small, shoe-box sized box. We do not have a lot of room to store all the care packages we receive.    

Theresa Brock / India
Royal Servants
c/o Reign Ministries.
W4797 State Road 33
Pardeeville, WI 53954


Between July 7th-23rd, I can receive letters and cards (no packages, please) at the orphanage in Ukrhul. 
Print the address in all capital letters:
THERESA BROCK
C/O ROYAL SERVANTS
PENIEL HOME FOR CHILDREN
UKHURL, MANIPUR
INDIA

As it states above, I will have to sing for every letter & package....haha...but it's fun. And it's nice to know that people are thinking of you, even after you leave. So if you get a chance, just drop me a note. :) 
Keep me in your thoughts and prayers - 10 days to go! 
-Theresa

No comments: