Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hello!

Marinpali! ("May the Lord be with You" in Tangkhul, native language where we're going!)


I found out more about what I'll actually be doing in India, and I wanted to give you all the low-down. This was a part of the email I got from one of the team leaders: 


"We will be sleeping at the orphanage with 20 other children. It will brighten your day to see the children's smiling faces first thing in the morning, and let me tell you, their singing brings great joy to your heart. They love to praise the Lord with their voices! Each of you will be tutoring one child every morning. They love to practice their English and play games. There is such a bond that can form over those days. We will also be teaching English at local schools in Ukhrul and other surrounding towns.  The students LOVE to play games and sing songs. The younger students are fascinated by the puppets that we bring and perform with. It is amazing how the Lord uses these opportunities in the schools to bring glory to himself as his story is shared with the students.The goal this year is to partner with the youth in the area. We hope to put on an evangelism seminar and then work with them to share the gospel. This group also has a KILLER blues band. They will get you clapping and stomping your feet as they rock out."


Oh, how this excites me! Mom already made me promise I wouldn't try to sneak a child home in my duffle bag. :D It's gonna be a fantastic summer. 


Somewhat of a side-note: I had my garage sale this weekend. Made about $530. Not too shabby! Still got a long ways to go, and we're getting to crunch time. If you haven't already, help me out! Got a little less than $2000 still to go. God can do it! We can do it! Just pray about how He might be able to use you to help me. :) 


Speaking of help....Just thought I'd give you some pictures of some items I need. Most of the photos were taken at REI. (Love that place!) Keep praying for me. Love you all!


Theresa








No comments: