Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Um...hi?

I never know how to start these updates. I feel like I'm getting repetitive, but hopefully you all aren't tired of me yet. :) I am very happy to report that, as of today, I AM OFFICIALLY (over) HALFWAY THERE! Oh, what a wonderful feeling. To see that the amount I have left to raise is less than the amount I've raised? There's a huge sense of supernatural blessing in that.

God has honestly just "blessed my socks off" this week. A dear friend heard about my trip and donated several skirts, a new water bottle, and some other things that were on my "small needs" list. This took a huge weight off my mind, since the skirts I needed can cost anywhere from $20-$40! The church that I've been going to recently took an offering for my trip and blessed me with $220. I opened up my support account today to see that another $200 had been sent in. And to think, I haven't even had my garage sale yet! God's hand of blessing is just so obviously on this trip.

Speaking of garage sales...please let me know if you have anything to donate! I'm especially looking to cart away any old furniture you don't need anymore, but I will take anything I can get. :)

If you haven't already, please consider helping me out! I still have $2,160 to go, as well as needing to buy some smaller supplies (listed along the side, here---->). Buying a bottle of hand sanitizer or a stack of paper plates may not sound like a big deal, but all those $1 and $2 purchases add up. I would especially appreciate some REI gift cards. If you are unable to give, I completely understand. PRAY! I am a firm believer that prayer moves mountains, so keep praying God's blessing over my trip and fundraising.

Last, but not least...talk to me! I love to talk about my trip: where I'll be going, what I'll be doing, etc. (Speaking of, more to come on that in the next couple of days!) Comment on my blog, shoot me an email, a text...sometimes I can start to feel like I'm a hermit, talking to myself! With all the things I need to get done before I leave, I don't get the chance to meet up with people very often, so I covet the "techy" conversations I can have. Also, coming soon will be an address where you can send me packages and letters and cards for the first two weeks of my trip. Please, please, please shoot me a note if you think about it! Knowing that people are still thinking of me after I leave will help abate the homesickness that so easily comes with these sorts of long trips.

Thanks.
Love you all!
Theresa

No comments: