Monday, May 7, 2012

dreams...

I had an interesting dream last night. I "woke up"...and found out that I was leaving for Training Camp TODAY. I wasn't packed at all. So I rushed around like mad, grabbing random things that I thought I needed. I kept leaving the house, only to have to turn around because I had forgotten something important. When I woke up, I was half convinced it wasn't a dream. Oy, that was not a fun one. It brought to mind a lot of things.
The first time I went on Royal Servants, it was...interesting. I was 15 years old, had never been away from home for more than three days. Training Camp was super challenging for me, for a lot of reasons. Mostly my own attitude. I won't go into the details, but at the time, I was convinced it was the worst mistake I'd ever made. In fact, I distinctly remember telling my mom when I got back that it was fun, but I'd NEVER go again. Haha, oh how God changes things.
As time went on, God changed my heart. To be honest, He even changed the very core of my personality. I went from the girl who hated dirt, hated sweat, hated camping, hated bugs...(oh, Training Camp...) to a girl who would rather take a hike or go camping than stay in a 5 star hotel. Although I'm not gonna lie, bugs and I are still less than friendly.
The dream reminded me of the negative aspects of a Royal Servants trip, and the enemy tried his best to plant a seed of doubt. Funny thing though. For every bug bite, every super-early morning, every deep pang of homesickness, there's a beautiful memory, even stronger. The band of best friends that became family. The worship. The time spent alone with God, free from distraction. The sweet memories.
I am so looking forward to making new memories. Growing deeper in my walk with God. Making new friends (that will soon become family!) Every day I pray about the trip. Every day, I fight doubt about the trip. But I know. I know that God will move in amazing ways through this trip. In me, in my team, in the people we will serve. I just gotta get there. That's the hard part. Thanks to those of you who have already given. Keep praying that funds will come in! Just pray for me. :D
Love you all!
-Theresa

No comments: