Sunday, April 22, 2012

BIG news!

I have big news for you all. I'm not going to Nepal. 

Now, if you thought I've decided not to go anywhere this summer....you'd be wrong. I still feel very called to dedicate this summer to serving Jesus in (short term) full time ministry. Okay, okay, I'll just spit it out! :) 

I'm going to India instead!!!

Yep. That's right. India! I am so excited, friends. What originally happened was that the Nepal team filled up and Royal Servants asked me to switch to a different team. I was originally a little disappointed. I mean, Nepal was super on my heart, especially the part about working with those who have been rescued from sexual trafficking. However...I feel that God has a super special plan for me. He is stretching me, to see how flexible I'm willing to be. On top of that, I know that no matter where I go, He will have an adventure waiting! 

Do you guys want to hear what I'll be doing in India? 

Okay, since you asked so nicely. ;) 

(From the Royal Servants website) 
"The Ukhrul region is an isolated, remote, and unknown, yet incredibly beautiful, area of northeast India. It is geographically separated from greater India by Bangladesh. Though the Naga people were once headhunters, don’t worry, they gave that up! Located on the border of Burma, on this mission trip you’ll be working in the remote Naga Mountains, in the Ukhrul region of Manipur. Living in an orphanage, you and the team will hop in jeeps and travel from village to village, demonstrating Christ’s love through AIDS outreach, testimonies, dance, and drama. 
The Naga people met their first missionary just 100 years ago. You’ll be challenged to grow through on-the-job missionary training as you continue this pioneering work. The ministry is intimate, and you will be invited into countless homes and enjoy the warm receptivity of the Naga’s as God powerfully uses you as His ambassador.On the India mission trip you will take the Word of God into the territory of the enemy!  You will see with your own eyes that he is alive and well in India.  The friendships that you make in the midst of the battle will be deep intense and authentic."
Sounds sorta awesome! (and, not gonna lie, pretty intense too!) Please continue to pray for me as I shift my internal focus and enthusiasm to this new adventure. God is going to do amazing things, and I cannot wait to be apart of what He has in store for that country, this team, those people, and me.
Be watching for information coming about the various fundraisers I'm having, and please let me know if you'd like to be put on an email update list. 
Much love!
Theresa

1 comment:

david said...

Awesome! One of my best buds is going 2 India this summer ona missions trip too :)